Please enjoy our blog. We will be updating this blog periodically with stories, tips, fun facts, and photos from real weddings of couples from Boston, the South Shore, Cape Cod, all of Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to see the Canoe Club Ballroom in person, please set up a private tour or visit our open house.
Monday, August 17 2015
Congratulations, it's finally your wedding day! You have pushed through all the planning & months of preparation for this big day. Relive your wedding day for years to come by capturing these once-in-a-lifetime moments for your wedding album. The Canoe Club Ballroom has listed 20 of the most important images for your wedding photo check list.
1. The Wedding Dress: Preserve the memory of the first time you laid your eyes on "The One"...your wedding dress that is! Take a still, full length photo to keep and share for years to come.
2. Getting Ready: We suggest capturing both sides of getting ready, which includes the men putting on their jackets and ladies doing their zippers.
3. Shoe Shot: A cropped pic of just the bride and grooms shoes is a fun and creative picture.
4. Welcome Bags: With all the effort and planning you put into your welcome bags, you should be sure your photographer captures them before they're gone.
5. Bridal Shot: Capture the beauty that made your true love pop the question with a clear and elegant photo.
6. First Look: Have fun with the bride putting her hands over the groom’s eyes.
7. Other First Look: Your bridal party will be stunned to see you in your wedding dress. Relive the moment time and time again by snapping a photo at the perfect moment.
8. Pre-ceremony with Notes: This is one of the few personal moments the bride will have all day. This is a touching moment when the bride will be in her own world reading the vows.
9. Wedding Party Kids: If you have kids in your party, there may be a few pictures as cute as these. When they’re all grown up, it will be a touching memento.
10. Walking Down the Aisle: Capture the touching moment of being given away and walking down the aisle to be with your true love.
11. Groom standing at the Alter: Capture the anticipation of the groom waiting to see his bride for the first time in her wedding dress. It's a remarkable sight.
12. Far-away ceremony shot: Take in your ceremony from a point of view you'll never be able to see for yourself. Capture the entire ceremony from far away.
13. Couple Sharing Vows: Capture the expression of true love with a picture of the couple sharing vows.
14. Cute Signs: Sporadic signs laid out throughout the wedding venue telling guests where to go is worth a picture or two.
15. Wedding Cake: The cake is such an iconic part of your wedding. Capture it’s elegance before it’s gone forever!
16. Food: Mouth-watering pictures of the food are a great way to relive the elegance and beauty of the meal.
17. Reception Tables: Capture the elegance of your reception venue while the settings are still clean and immaculate.
18. First Dance: You can only have one official first dance as bride and groom. Relive this magical moment forever with a photo of you in the arms of your true love.
19. Dancing: After the first dance, everything is fair game. Be sure to capture the memories of your family and friends on the dance floor.
20. The Farewell: Whether you are having a notable exit or just something low key, this is the perfect picture to place at the end of your album.