Please enjoy our blog. We will be updating this blog periodically with stories, tips, fun facts, and photos from real weddings of couples from Boston, the South Shore, Cape Cod, all of Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to see the Canoe Club Ballroom in person, please set up a private tour or visit our open house.
Wednesday, November 29 2017
The proposal season is upon us, and the holidays are a big time for engagements according to Wedding Wire with 40% of couples celebrating their engagement between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day. In honor of the season, we will discuss engagement rings! Engagement rings come in all different shapes, sizes, and stones! Traditionally the diamond is the most popular, however there are so many other stunning stones out there to dazzle and delight!! There are many different shapes to choose from when it comes to diamonds, here are the top 10 diamond shapes.
- Known as the “pillow cut” diamond these are squares or rectangles with rounded edges.
- These are rectangle with step cuts on the sides and large flat top.
– These diamonds are cut similarly to emerald-cut diamonds except they are squares.
– This romantic Shape is the perfect symbol of love.
– This cut is like an oval but with pointed ends.
- These rounded diamonds are longer than they are wide.
-Also known as the “teardrop” these have one pointed end and one rounded end.
- Traditionally squares but sometimes rectangles, princess-cut diamonds always have four pointed corners.
- These are square or slight rectangles with four trimmed corners.
-The most popular of diamond shape, round cut diamonds are cut to have 58 facets.
Don't forget to to call the Canoe Club Ballroom for a Tour & Bridal Appointment!